Macro photography is a technique that allows us to discover all the details of the huge tiny world that surrounds us. Cynthia (Bandurek), by combining her weakness for nature and her passion for photography, manages to portray what is invisible to human eyes. She pleads guilty to respecting the times of the environment when it comes to getting a good shot and hopes to always find better ones.
How was merging your passion for nature and your degree studies with photography?
– I was born with an innate passion towards nature and life; practically that was and is the common thread of almost all the activities I do. So when I discovered photography as a naturalist, there was no doubt that I would focus on nature and wildlife.
How do you plan your macro photography work?
– When one does nature photography in “natural” conditions, one has to be attentive and adjust to their times. What is interesting is to know about the biology and behavior of the species you want to photograph to increase the chances of finding them.
What was the shot that demanded the most effort?
– This year I was in Costa Rica, one of the most difficult species to photograph is the Quetzal, because it is usually perched very high in the dense cloud forests. I still could not get a good shot.
Which species is the one you would like to photograph and still could not do it or have you photographed and want to repeat the experience?
– There are thousands of species that I have not yet photographed and I would like to do it, of course, all the ones I already photographed would like to do it again, it is always an opportunity to achieve a better shot.
Is there any species that you consider your favorite?
– I like amphibians a lot and together with arthropods they are my favorites. What photographic equipment would you recommend to an amateur? – The important thing is not the team, the important thing is to learn about photography, composition and biology in order to get the best out of the camera we have.
What safety measure / attention would you recommend to an amateur?
– The most important thing is to have respect for nature, always the most important thing is to preserve the site and respect the species before getting a good photograph. Do you think that the Argentine people are really sensitive to environmental problems or the extinction of species? – It seems that there is a small change, but I think there is still a lot of education and awareness.