Nature First is an international organization which aims to promote the responsible nature photography.
The primary goal of Nature First is to be an advocate for the 7 Principles and educate nature photographers, and all visitors to nature, about responsible behavior.
Help conserve the places we love and photograph through wise use, education, outreach, community, and research.
Some of the Earth’s greatest landscapes and treasured natural areas are threatened by increased visitation and general lack of care. We aim to preserve these places by building an alliance of responsible photographers and cultivate a community of advocates and partners to help spread the word.
Nature First Principles Overview
Nature First is built on seven core principles that help communicate how each of us can enjoy nature photography responsibly. The Seven Principles of Nature First Photography were developed to help educate and guide both professional and recreational photographers in sustainable, minimal impact practices that will help preserve nature’s beautiful locations. #naturefirst
The Nature First Principles
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles